Camisetas ::: La Tostadora
Blog · Artysmedia · Arte, Diseño y Multimedia

20 de octubre de 2011

Etiquetas: , , , ,

Liam O’Farrell

Liam O’FarrellLiam O’Farrell (Liam O’Farrell) es un ilustrador con sede en la ciudad de Londres que sobre todo se encuentra a gusto trabajando con óleo o acuarelas.

My work celebrates the ordinary – and the great thing about the ordinary is that there is so much of it.

In my work I cherish the uniqueness of our dilapidated seaside towns, stumbling light industries and the ‘wearing slippers to the off license’ easy going part of culture.

Liam O’Farrell

My oil paintings are built up from on-site sketches, colour notes and even photographs if a particular reference is needed, such as a plant shape or shadow. These are then composed together on board and finally painted in the studio, often over a period of weeks.
Liam O’Farrell
I like to get in front of my subjects “en plein air” if I can. Even in my allotment pictures (which are partly from imagination) the core elements are taken from real allotments. Working on site you get so much more from what you are trying to capture, I also get to chat to passersby who feed into my work with their rich stories and conversation. For me working purely in the studio would be like painting through a letter box.
Liam O’Farrell

In regards to perspective, the early part of my career was drawing and airbrushing full 3D cutaways of fighters and ships for the MoD so I know a fair bit about getting perspective right if I need to.
Liam O’Farrell

Accurate perspective however is all well and good, although in creative terms it can only deliver so much. I tend to adjust and push things about until it feels right. If that means geometric perspective is abandoned then that’s fine. It’s all about the overall impression.

Como nota final, os dejo unos enlaces sobre diseño en general y diseño 3d en particular:
  1. Michael Schepis - Monument Magazine
  2. Free Abstract Backgrounds: Seamless Patterns
  3. Retro 80's Items Made Entirely Out of Cut Paper by Zim and Zou.
  4. A Compilation of Creative Street Art Stickers
  5. Soviet Army Monument Transformed into Superheroes
  6. Architectural Inspiration #29
  7. 60 Inspiring Examples of Creative Clothing Design
  8. It's Rag Time!
  9. 60 Most Incredible Examples of Icon Design
  10. The 20 Most Iconic Book Covers Ever
  11. 25 Impressive CV Designs
  12. 20 Wall Art Ideas to Give Your Room A Whole New Look
  13. 55 Unusual Yet Creative Business Card Designs
  14. 40 Inspiring Business Card Designs
  15. 2012 Stamp Preview: A Stamp a Day
  16. 20 Epic Business Card Design Ideas and Tips
  17. 54 Impressive and Well-Designed Resume Examples For Inspiration
  1. Awesome Examples of Photorealistic 3D Car Models
  2. Ruidan Lv - Defend Garth
  3. Stunning Examples of Creative 3D Artwork
  4. Pixar's Presto Artwork, Animatics, and some interesting facts
  5. Exceptional 3D Abstract Inspiration
  6. 30 New Concept Cars Visualized